December 17, 2006

scratching the surface of real relationship


I've gotten along with people pretty well, I still do. All my life it seems like I'm always on good terms with everyone. I go out of my way a lot to make others happy not in such an obvious way that makes me not my own person but at the cost of really speaking my mind, seeking improvement within and around me, and really going after God with everything.
But in this past year God has been pushing me. I have said stuff and made decisions that I normally would not have before my 24th birthday. By his grace I still get along with people but now it's in a new way. I have really made priorities in my spirit with God being my first allegiance. This prioritizing, I believe, is the foundation of real relationship. But before I speak too soon I know I have only scratched the surface. God is very big.

No comments: