June 10, 2007

The Tenth of June

Today was very long and surreal and joyful and sad. This morning I went to my old methodist church because my former pastor of 13 years was retiring and today was the last service he will be at. There was a party afterwards down in the function hall. It was great to be there. Though I did not show it I was filled with emotion during this time. I'm not insecure about what people think about me leaving anymore but instead my emotion was a healthy one. I was sad in this moment because today I believe was a turning point in my life. I said my last goodbye to that last season of my life at the methodist church. It's kind of like when you say goodbye numerous times to a friend because it's hard to leave. This was the last time. I am so excited about this new season that I apparently am already in.

This afternoon I hung out with Melissa at our new apartment in Salem. Only the kitchen is moved in. We got sick of sitting at the kitchen table so we sat on the empty living room floor for awhile. Tonight at the Gathering we had a time of worship in a heavy metal style led by Josh. That was super cool. The fog machine during practice set off the fire alarm and made firemen come. It was fun. Long day. Tired. G'nite. God bless you.

No comments: