August 10, 2007

seasons for everything under heaven IV

As christians a few things we believe is that God came down unto our level here on earth and became the human named Jesus. We believe that Jesus is a perfect model for us all on how to live and that the gospel of Jesus Christ gives us a more practical, tangible and personable example than the law on how to live. We believe that Jesus, being God, is perfect in holiness and that we should copy and follow Him but have you ever wondered what his personality was? Extroverted, Introverted? Some have suggested that he was(is) a perfect middle on the extrovert/introvert chart according to biblical references. In one scene he is partying, the other He is preaching and talking to dozens, than a dozen, than one and then there's times He goes off to be by himself(and with His father but aren't they the same? anyways). Most of us are either/or with a mix of the other. There is also the occasional full blown extrovert or introvert here and there.

If you're opinion is that Jesus was an extrovert wouldn't that mean everyone should copy His extroverted behavior and vice versa? See what I mean? I believe he is a perfect middle and because of that there is a lesson in that. I consider myself an introvert with hints of extrovert that come out every now and then. That means my season of introvertedness is very long and takes up most of my life just like how winter seems to take up most of the new england year. There are times I am inspired to act extroverted either by God or by my own ego or because of caffeine or the weather or no known reason at all. Whatever the reason hopefully I align myself by surrendering to God's rythmn of seasons that He has for me so I can acquire both the character of God and be found in His will and plan for the season I am in.

I don't think we can be fully extroverted and fully introverted as Jesus was because we are not God and so we can not fit all that within ourselves. But together as the body of Christ (or the whole world for that matter) we can put our piece of the puzzle together. God alone is infinitely wise and His timing is perfect.

No comments: