September 14, 2008

President?

I don't know what I'm doing. I'm not sure what I think. I'm paying as much attention as I can stand and I still don't fully understand. Who should I vote for? I've watched in part the conventions and considered them almost as mature and/or interesting as a high school pep rally. I learned the other day that our tax dollars pay for these worthless events. That made me mad.

Looking at the issues and each candidate's proposed plans I've come to the conclusion that to say one is better does not mean that the other is all wrong, they are just two different approaches. I know that I'm not wise in the way of politics and knowledgable about governmental things. When my intellect is not there (which in lofty circumstances like these it usually isn't) I then resort to using my vibe.

My vibe tells me that if there are two different philosophies/governing styles/political parties then it is a healthy thing to rotate back and forth between them both. Wait. Was that a decision? It all depends on what my vibe says about how long the rotations should be. Each one being different. Maybe I'll have an answer by November 4th. If not, no problem. I won't vote.

Along with my political ignorance I will propose these (not-so-serious) suggestions that I think would improve America.

1. Get rid of primary elections. There should only be a one time election with atleast twelve candidates.

2. Get rid of super delegates and all that stupid stuff. Make voting a plain and simple election where every vote is equal.

3. Get rid of Palin and Biden. The president will be who ever wins the election. The vice president would be the one in second place.

4. Get rid of national conventions.

5. The government should pay each person to vote.

6. The president is no longer required to of been born in America. Just a resident for twenty five years in a row. This rule can only apply if all the previous rules are in effect.

5 comments:

carl said...

I'm actually quite serious about suggestions 1, 2 and 4.

Beaver Meadow said...

Ditto to suggestions 1,2 & 4.

Anonymous said...

yeah, because then Arnold could become the presinator....hee hee

IZenBet said...

did you ever read the history of when in the US they did have different parties serving prez and vp? got kinda ugly. as this past election has been. i like secret ballot, let's keep that :)

carl said...

yeah, some of those suggestions were just silly.