February 20, 2009

the resolve to recycle

January 1st was the first day in which the city of Salem enforced a new trash rule. Instead of unlimited trash, every household and business is now limited in their amount of waste. I will spare the mundane amounts but it is significant to mention that there is no limit to how much everyone can recycle. The newly enforced law became the city’s biggest complaint for the month of January. It’s February now and it took me this long but I have adapted from being a complainer to an avid recycler, even in the stamp shop that I work at we are stepping up and making a huge effort in sorting out the recycling. I’ve been busy modifying my wasteful behavior…and my attitude. Times are changing.

1 comment:

Beaver Meadow said...

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. Reduce, reuse, recycle should be our motto, our goal, especially in present day American society. We need to become conscious about what we're using, what we're doing, and question ourselves on our materialism. Jack & I made a New Year's resolution to do so, and we have certain obstacles to overcome in order to do so--- we live in a condo and the condo association has a dumpster for ALL trash, individual unit owners do not recycle and there is no mechanism currently in place. Hopefully that will change. In the meantime I salute you and your business efforts.......